Discuss Tanking En-suite in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

paulascd

Hello everyone,

I've spent the last few days searching the forums but have become slightly overwhelmed with all the fantastic advice and wondered if you could tell me the best way to proceed!! I have tiled numerous toilets, kitchens etc but never a wetroom and I'm a bit stuck with the best way to do things.

Basically I have just bought my first house and we have just decided to change a 'dressing room' into a wetroom en-suite. I am currently fitting wet UFH throughout the house (Lo-Pro Max) and would like to put this in the wetroom too.

The joists have been levelled (300mm to 400mm spacing) and 18mm OSB flooring screwed on top. All the old plaster on the walls has been removed and taken back to brick.

The floor tiles are glazed porcelain 600 x 150 x 8mm and the wall tiles are ceramic 250 x 400 x 8mm.

The tray and tanking kit I'm looking at is the 1200 x 900 centre drain 'WetBase' from wetrooms-online

What are peoples opinions of the tray?

The above kit comes with Weber.sys. How do people rate this?

What would be the best board to fit to the walls and floors and how would they be secured?

The underfloor heating has a 22mm build up (castellated panel and then SLC) Could someone explain how the tray etc works with the build up of the UFH, OSB, tiles etc with regards to getting them all to the same level?

Do I need a de-coupling layer?

From my searches people seem to rate Mapei Keraflex Maxi for walls and Mapei Keraquick with Latex Plus for the floors. Should these be fine?

Could someone suggest a good grout?

Very sorry for all the questions!

Thank you very much in advance :thumbsup:

Paul

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
I would bin the osb in the bathroom. And don't fit ufh under the shower tray. If your tray is 40 mm, remove the existing flooring , fit noggins and ply between the joists.build this up with a layer of 6mm ply. Fit the tray to this(46mm). The ufh is 22mm, if you then use 25mm fermacell flooring ( solid boarding to let the heat through and suitable for direct tiling).

the webber tanking is good, but ardex IMHO is better.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tanking En-suite in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are redoing our main bathroom and looking for a second opinion on tanking. We have bought...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB