Discuss Tanking large shower. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

RickyLee53

Hello,

I am about to install my new shower tray. It is a large type, 1800mm x 1000mm. I need to replace my floor for marine play and bed on cement. This part I'm ok with.

However. The walls, (fresh plastered over green plasterboards) I'm not so sure of.

We will probably decide on a natural tile. What is the best way to tank it? I've seen Bal WP1. But i'm unsure on what to do when installing the tray. I.e. Do I tank past the tray. So it needs to be done now, or just tank upto the tray.

Do I need to have the tray tight upto the wall, or leave a gap for silicone. Do I silicone it first.

I'm open to any idea's. I don't want this to leak and don't have a budget as such. Just the cheapest way to do the job correctly. Even if it means removing what is already done.

Thanks for any help.

R

RickyLee53

Hmmm, something to think about. I'm guessing this is the same for all the walls? Looks like we might have to change tile.

Fresh plastered walls, and possibly a natural stone tile??

double check re tile weights when you do decide on the tile.
You mentioned you're not too bothered about removing work already done - this might be needed if you do go for a heavy stone, if so, have a butchers at another type of board - marmox/wedi/hardie etc....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tanking large shower. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB