Wall and Floor Tiling Standards BS 5385 Part 1 and 2 Bristish Standards, ISO Tile Fixing Standard.

Welcome to TilersForums.com, the place to discuss all tiling standards whether British Standards in Wall and Floor Tiling, BS5385, or ISO European Standards for Tile Fixing.

Tiling Standards

Wall and Floor Tiling Standards for the UK: British Standards in Tiling.

Discuss Tanking Membranes and tile weights. in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazebo

I am using homelux wall tanking membrane onto plaster skim walls, does this affect the weight of tiles I can use.?

I am having to fix 12mm marmox on 1 wall (solid) which has been plaster skimmed due to the enclosure area being slightly too large for a 760mm tray.

I have looked at the Marmox instructions and there is a video link of someone installing marmox vertically with tile adhesive (spf) onto plaster skim walls, surely this will have to be included in the 20sqm weight allowance for skimmed walls.?

I am going to fix my marmox with addy then mechanically fix it with stainless screws and washers once dry.
This should eliminate any weight issues I am presuming.

Cheers
Gary

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tanking Membranes and tile weights. in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB