Discuss Tanking on a wet substrate in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Thought that might be the case ... Oh well back to the drawing board.

Anyone got any ideas as to how a floor that has become very wet can be retailed without lifting the height?? A long shot i know... Guarantees and warranties not required.. Just ideas....

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
It's a design fault really where a drain has been put under a work top for emptying buckets and of course the result is the jackets get emptied onto the tiles and the water swept into the drain. Add to this that the tap used to fill the buckets is not over the drain either you have lots of water pretty much permanently on the floor. No tanking or water proof grout were used with the result that the whole floor has become saturated. It's a major issue as the area is in an operational kitchen and to repair it will mean shutting the kitchen down which is a non starter. The area was never supposed to be a wet room so was not designed to cope with the amount of water it is getting.... Nightmare.....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tanking on a wet substrate in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, i hope someone can give me some advice please. I’m planning on tiling our bathroom walls...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Hope you are all having a fantastic Xmas. To cut a long story short I have installed...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB