Discuss Tanking on plaster board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

So is it a waste of time/effort/money ripping out the old plasterboard and replacing it with Hardie/Tilebacker board then?, it's ok to just tank the old board (assuming that it is structurally sound and the surface undamaged of course), I think I have been overdoing it then! :oops:

In my opinion, yes, as long as the tile weight doesn't exceed that of the PB limits

D

Dougs Third Go

So is it a waste of time/effort/money ripping out the old plasterboard and replacing it with Hardie/Tilebacker board then?, it's ok to just tank the old board (assuming that it is structurally sound and the surface undamaged of course), I think I have been overdoing it then! :oops:
very rare that you get a sound and undamaged surface though, especially if tiles have been on previously.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tanking on plaster board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are redoing our main bathroom and looking for a second opinion on tanking. We have bought...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB