UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tanking over plywood in a shower? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

lastfourfather

Now I know this isn't recommended but I'm having my loft converted and the builder has built shower walls with WPB ply. Everything I've read seems to suggest that not ideal as the backs/ends need to be primed with sbr and faced with taking. However that looks like the root I'm ending up being forced to go down.
What adhesive should I use on the ply and tanking memrane (probably homelux)?
The shower tray is a Manhattan duralite 900x900 which is now fitted how would you adhere the membrane to the shower lip?

Thanks in advance Dave

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Morning and welcome.

If your "stuck" with the ply i would probably look down the route of using a liquid waterproofer rather than the homelux tanking. Check out PHG wtrooms on the right hand side of this forum.

In either respect, wether you use a liquid form or a roll of tanking i'd be sealing the whole room before installing the shower tray. I.E if you're using the homelux, take the tanking right under the area where the tray is to be installed.

Good luck.

L

lastfourfather

Thanks for the reply AliGage, unfortunately the builder has already fixed and plumbed in the shower tray ...Ahhg.
Is there anyway of fixing tanking membrane on to and acrylic shower tray??

The reason I'm thinking membrane rather than liquid is to add to my concern the wife asked for a niche to be fashioned in the ply wall for bottles, etc. The whole thing sounds like a botch job I know...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tanking over plywood in a shower? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I have been doing a lot of research as to which is the best tanking product to use on...
Replies
Views
S
Hi there I'm a DIYer putting in an upstairs wetroom floor. I'm currently at the stage of floor...
Replies
Views
SimpleSimon
S
S
Hi again Last week several of you helped me out with advice for a wetroom floor. There were a...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.