Discuss Tanking / Plaster in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Lupen

Folks,

Stripped by bathroom and now that it is all bare, I am in the process of getting my head around the order I need to get things done, and the approach.

Specifically in the shower area, I have removed the plasterboard from the stud work on one wall, and plan to replace with 10 or 12mm Marmox, before tanking with BAL WP1. The question is, the second wall is plasterboard dobbed and dabbed onto the outside wall... Given I am going to tank, do I need to replace this... or overboard with thinner Marmox ?

Just for completeness, I will be putting up 30x60 ceramic tiles using BAL Single Part Flex Adhesive & finishing with BAL Microflex grout.

Thanks for any advice in advance - You guys are great sharing your professional knowledge !!

Cheers,

Paul.

Reply to Tanking / Plaster in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Tanking / Plaster
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks