Discuss tanking question. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

iamajc

Have to tile a bathroom with a quadrant shower in the corner, have bought mapei aquadefense which came with a corner strip, do I install the corner strip first and tank over that when I tank the walls, or the other way around and tank the walls then install the corner strip? Doesn't say on the destructions which way it should be done... I suppose the other option would be to tank the walls, apply the corner strip and the tank over the strip as a third coat? The strip is a solid waterproof material with a fold line with a scrim tape type material about an inch wide on either side. Cheers Andy.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tanking question. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have done a bit of tiling before but I will be tiling our shower room soon and we have a...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB