Currently reading:
UK Tanking Recommendation

While we have you, why don't you checkout our Plumbing Advice forum PlumbersForums.net

Discuss Tanking Recommendation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking membrane, external tile board or replacing the walls isnt an option. The walls are plastered over plasterboard (paramount walls) Ive removed all the paint so back to bare plaster and they are clean and sound. (Tiles are 100 x 33cm large rectified ceramic tiles 7mm -they come in at 13kg a sqm so will be under 20kg limit)

Having read some bad reviews of tanking peeling off walls Im unsure whats best , so what Im really looking for is a recommendation please on the best paint on tanking membrane which sticks best on plastered walls.

Any recommendation appreciated, especially if its a product you have used on plastered walls and know works well.

Reply to Tanking Recommendation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

TF on Facebook

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.

Thanks for visiting the original Tilers Community.