Discuss taste in tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

We just have to smile and say "they're lovely".
I remember once around 5 years ago, big house(millionaires) and the kitchen floor tiles arrived !!! yuk ! i rang the woman of the house and asked her to come to it.
When she came i asked her if this was what she picked? Do you think they are bad Joe? yes i said.lol.
What a mix of shades,got tile shop man out and had nice row but new tiles within 3 hours which looked great.lol.

T

Time's Ran Out

Taste -
We did a barn conversion a couple of years ago and the client had bought 30x30cm tiles that were in royal blue and to look like a mosaic on a tile.
I laid a few out on the site cabin floor and asked if they were the right tiles and that as a professional I couldn't make them look like a good job! He replied that he had them on his present house and that's what he thought he wanted again.
I took them back to the distributors and put a nice marble down instead.
It was either that or he could get someone else to fix them.

P

Peter

There are times when you think to yourself, "how can this person actually think this will look good?".

Was doing a job for a young couple, wealthy father who had given them the house and they were spending megabucks from the high end places that you love to hear of a job coming up from. 20k bathroom and 40k kitchen later, the house had absolutely zero taste. The girl had a couple of different sample tiles, the builder kept trying to persuade her to go with other samples but she wasn't having any of it.

The icing on the cake was two of those circular towel rails that look like they're for putting newspapers and magazines in.

P

Pebbs

Bad taste extends even to those who make their living out of being called an 'interior designer'. On the longest running contract in my entire history, we are with interior design company number 4, the other 3 have all been given the boot, because they never listened to the clients. Number 4 is ok though hes one that listens, the others saw an open cheque book and went completely potty, so now we are ripping out work from over 3 years ago, and replacing it. If any client ever asks me what I think of any project scheme now I ask the question, can you live with this? that way it gets me out of hot water. The others now just tell me to get on with it and give them something lovely, and that is as bad because then the pressure is on to give them something out of this world (all within budget of course).

Pebbs

S

SandyFloor

Most of my work is domestic and I'm dealing with the wives. I even have to check myself getting slightly camp talking about colour schemes Apparently it's a subconscious act I put on and I was unaware of it until my wife pointed out I speak differently on the phone to women customers than to men. If I start calling everyone 'darling' I think it's time to quit :lol:. You can knock it but I'm never short of work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to taste in tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
taste in tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.