Discuss temp of calcium screed before tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kevinz3

hi
no i am not going to go ahead without advice , my point was they said the surface needs to be primed to stop it coming in to contact with the screed and also said specific adhesives also need to be primed as well so the issue is the screed does not contaminate the adhesive , but why if its specific to calcium sulphate then why prime, thats all i said , if the forum is about advice etc then thats the whole point of asking is it not

I

Ian

The primer should be soaking into the screed not sitting ontop (when using gypsum adhesive), the reason for a primer is really only to stop the screed drawing the moisture out of the adhesive so quickly. Yes it will seal the surface but, the adhesive will still be sticking to the screed. In the case of a cement based adhesive, the primer will be creating a barrier to stop any unwanted reaction.

Reply to temp of calcium screed before tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi any info on get rid of epoxy grout haze on natural stone would be much appreciated. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB