UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Terracotta advice -best products to refresh tiles after previous seal with Bentens 500 Sealer - is there an alternative to the Bentens.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi All

Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak....

wondering about modern maintenance product for my Elon Mexican Saltillo tiles..... These were laid in my kitchen years ago - sealed with Bentens 500 sealer and Bentens No Buff polish to maintain. They have been great. Must admit with a busy family over the years I have not been obsessed with revamping them every year as suggested...they look good (still a bit of shine) and haven't got lots of product buildup etc.

Several months have passed since leak and all dry now. Fortunately we have spare untreated tiles and a little Bentens Sealer in an old tin that I have thinned with white spirit and tried a test tile - seems ok. Also need to try and match grey grouting....

My questions are:
  • Will Lithofin TC Eversheen and Lithofin MN Easy Care be compatible with the Bentens Sealer? (not sure what's in this but I think it is oil based?). I'd like to refresh the existing tiles when I put in the new ones down to help them blend in more.
  • Is there a more compatible product? Bentens No Buff Polish is no longer available.
  • Is Ardex FL a good grout choice - to blend in with the grey...looking for more 'natural' colours. Or is there a better alternative?
Thank you so much in advance...have learnt lots already exploring on this great forum!

Reply to Terracotta advice -best products to refresh tiles after previous seal with Bentens 500 Sealer - is there an alternative to the Bentens.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hi all I have spent a bit of time looking at the website and have found it very useful for...
Replies
Views
paul flight
P
M
Hi All, I'm a regular on the plumbers forum but haven't posted much on here. However I need a...
Replies
Views
MattW
M
R
Wanted to put up some info on different tile and surface types and which need sealing and which...
Replies
Views
Muse2k8
M
U
Located in Southern Spain we have approx 55 msq terracotta - 3 outdoor terraces; topfloor...
Replies
Views
user123
U
D
Grout Sealing: Always follow manufacturer’s instructions on the specific sealer being used...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Buckinghamshire
What member type are you?
  1. Homeowner
  2. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler

Thread Information

Title
Terracotta advice -best products to refresh tiles after previous seal with Bentens 500 Sealer - is there an alternative to the Bentens....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.