Discuss that is not level!!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

I have been on this job since yesterday.......I had to prime the floor with Epoxy primer and get it "perfectly" flat and "level"......I explained to the client that "flat" will be perfect.......and he did not see it my way!!!!!!

here is what went on:

hb2d.jpg

b5gm.jpg

Priming.............floor was "read" with a laser and was upto 75mm out of whack in the utility room!!!......ouch!

that took 6 hours to cure.......so I was off.......here is what went on today:

vb9e.jpg

first coat was just thrown in.........no trowel, no nothing.............and from here I could get a reference point....
I did have one already from the high spot I could laser.....but I suspected it was not the "true" high spot!....
but the timber around the manhole was at that point and so was the batten in the utility room in the background.....

that coat was no where near deep enough.....but it was flat!!!!

second coat:

tk0g.jpg

0yia.jpg

well......that was also flat.....but not on reference...............i will get my coat!!!!!........doh!

wait a couple of hours.....(it was like a sauna down there!!!!!!).......

and onto the third coat!!!!!!!!!!!

csxs.jpg

maeq.jpg

ia26.jpg

kxkl.jpg

grf3.jpg

there you go......75mm ironed out...........flat and level...................

tomorrow is another day......hehehhehehehehheehheh

all the best and much love (I keep watching facejacker!).....

Terry........Sorry....i mean Lee

hehhehehehehe

Attachments

• hb2d.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 32
  • b5gm.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 29
  • vb9e.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 28
  • tk0g.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 0yia.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 31
  • csxs.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 31
  • maeq.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 28
  • ia26.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 31
  • kxkl.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 32
  • grf3.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 31
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to that is not level!!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need to level the joists. The joists are about 2-3 mm out in places. I would like...
Replies
Views
I am going to be tiling my upstairs bathroom that has a wooden floor. It originally had wooden...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all Perfect Level Master first time tiling went for the best (highly rated on here)...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB