UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss The course i chose in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cartersmiff

Ive booked myself on this course.
The one thats spread over 2 weekends

[DLMURL="http://www.tradeskills4u.co.uk/index.asp?PageID=78"]Intensive tiling course, tiling courses, learn to tile[/DLMURL]

does anyone know anything about it?
What are your first impressions?
And yes i know i should of gone for a sole tiling school but from the options i had that i could attend without having to stay away from home this seemed the best (i live in herts) although i suppose that remains to be seen.:confused:

View attachment 61869

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Not had any feedback about these so I tried to find some information for you about the company.

The domain name for the website you linked to in your post was registered on the 25th August 2005, so they may not be old but may not be new 'to the game'. Maybe they have older websites or domain names knocking around and I'm barking up the wrong tree.

The course content seems to be what you need. The layout of the tiling bays seems pretty much standard and on a par with most others.

A problem I think overlooked out when selecting a training centre that carry out many course types is that often they use 'trainers' that are just elite in that field, so if you can't get hold of that trainer 2 months down the line when you can't recall what they said about a certain thing (due to him not being booked that week / being on a real job maybe / or a new trainer comes on board and has different views and methods etc etc) , there's no chance of the 'general staff' being able to help you whereas in a tiling only training centre the chances are 'the elite tiler' is probably the owner and you'll be able to get old of them easily to get questions answered.

Just my two cents.

C

cartersmiff

yes i know im not going to get the backup support that i would at a tiling only centre. Im planning to learn the basic ceramic tiling so i can do some unpaid work and then take a more advanced course in natural stone, wet rooms, underfloor heating at a tiling only centre. I will probaly go to either highlea tiling centre or ne tiling for this and stay in a b&b for a few nights.
Maybe i fell for trade skills 4u's nice website? It just felt right.
Believe me if the course is'nt what i was promised on the phone i will be the first to complain.
Obviously i will let you know how i get on.
Thanx for the reply

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to The course i chose in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hiya, I am in the process of preparing a concrete floor in my mum's house for tiling, and have...
Replies
Views
Tiling Courses – Learn To Tile 2 Day Tiling Course An introduction to ceramic tiling and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.