Discuss The Dot and Dabbers are still about! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

Raw Greenn 007.jpg Raw Greenn 008.jpg Raw Greenn 010.jpg Raw Greenn 014.jpg On the surface this 5yr old job looked a very professional job,on the surface!

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
How do they get-away with it ? they must do it when nobody s around

The customer must have been watching the so called tiler combing the addy on the tile or maybe popped into the room to give him a cup of tea. Then when the customer is out of site he quickly changed back to Dot & Dab. Or, they employ lookouts. Just my theory.

martin1c

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I was given some tips recently by a dot and dabber (he didn't know what I did for a living). He told me how him and his mate can usually get a bathroom done over two weekends. First weekend skim the room as it's best to tile onto fresh plaster and the following weekend just dot and dab the tiles on. Simples!

Very scary.

P

Perfect Tiling

I'm on a job this week thats even worse...believe it or not. The tiles in the bathrooms and kitchen are all fixed with dot an dab..........but using silicon. Even some of the floor tiles are done this way....the sub base is anhydrite with ufh. Its a new house that the customer moved into this time last year and I'm retiling the whole lot. The builder does his own tiling....lol.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to The Dot and Dabbers are still about! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB