Guest viewing is limited

Discuss The Exakt Saw DC-270 Deep Cut in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

Exakt Precision Tools - DC 270 Deep Cut Saw

I couldn't find a review for these bought one anyway to cut ply thicker than 6mm. I fit loads of 6mm for Karndean/Amtico and the smaller Exakt saws are spot on for this but struggle for anything thicker.

I had 24 sq. mtrs of slate tiles to fit on top of 12mm WBP. This saw cuts 12mm ply no probs at all and very quickly, cleanly and accurately. Although I haven't tried it I'm sure it will cut heavier ply almost as easily. It takes a while to get the hang of using it due to the safety features but once you do it's great. The beauty of Exakt saws is the ability to use indoors without too much mess. With the blade being so thin there's not too much dust and if you use a vacuum there's virtually none. Like the other saws it has the blade giude on the gaurd which makes it really easy to follow a pencil line.

But there's more....I was curious as to how it would cut the 12mm thik slate tiles ( you def need a vacuum for this) using the diamond blade and it cut them fairly comfortably and very cleanly. In fact I cut the whole job using it and there's still plenty of life in the blade though I reckon it would only be good for the softer stones.

I also had four doors the cut about 16mm off the bottom which is a job I hate as the only clean way I found before was with a handsaw and it's hard work. I was a case of removing the doors onto trestles, scoring the cut lines with a knife, fitting a straight edge and cutting with the saw at its maximum depth of 26mm. You then whip the door over and then it's simple to pick up on the first cut and cut through from that side. It only took about 10 minutes per door to remove, cut and rehang with a really clean cut. I also had to trim the kick boards on the kitchen.....really easy.

Also worth mentioning you can plunge the saw so useful for opening up floors either board or chipboard.

In summary, I wouldn't use it to cut tiles in general but for all the other wood related jobs I'm absolutely delighted with it.

S

SandyFloor

these saws are marketed as a diy tool due to the safety aspect but I can see them turning up in pro tool kits

have been looking at them on e bay for a while now

I've been using the smaller ones for years to cut 6mm ply. I started with the pro model PS120 and went thru two of them quite quickly as the gearboxes went on them. When they were unavailable I settled on the diy EC310 at just over half the price.....it's done three times the work of the pro models and is still going strong. I bought another EC310 as a spare over a year ago and it's never been out the box. They're also brilliant for raking grout as long as you're really careful not to catch the tile edges.

I don't know anything better for 6mm ply. It's all right for 9.5mm but anything thicker....forget it. The DC270, however, will cuts to it's limit(26mm) quite comfortably.

Regarding being marketed for diy, I haven't seen that however I wouldn't let it loose with a hairy arsed workforce as I don't fancy it's chances long term. but with reasonable care I don't see any reason why it shouldn't last for years.....time will tell.

Reply to The Exakt Saw DC-270 Deep Cut in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im a DIYer doing a lot of work on an old house we are f restoring. I have put down a...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
Just wondering what I should expect to pay for a good blade to cut porcelain tiles? It'll be a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
The Exakt Saw DC-270 Deep Cut
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.