UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss The long cold Friday in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

This was my day...

Another pre-contract meeting today, so up at 5.30, dragging a pile of stone and mosaic samples for approval. Got there and had to wait an hour and forty minutes for the architect to arrive. Why don't people let you know if they are running late? I had the fear of god put into me for being late for any meeting by my old boss, but lately I am getting wound up by the amount of people who don't turn up on time, and think its perfectly acceptable to keep you waiting.

Then he put me through the mill, he wants the formats changed from 600x600x20mm and 900x600x30mm to the biggest slab size he can possibly have, then the wood skirtings are all being replaced with stone which he wants 100mm high and 10mm thick for the mosaic, and 20 and 30mm thick for the other rooms.

Then right at the end it dawned on everyone, that they don't know how to get all these lumps of stone into the building, so now someone has to look into getting a crane in to go over the front facade which is four stories high and is on a main road.

So at the end of 5 hours, the job has completely changed, and we are back to square one again.

So all in all another day wasted, and it was freezing, but its Friday so the bacardi is being opened later, anyone want a drink? 007.jpg

Lynn

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I will have just a couple Lynn... work tomoz.. infact work everyday this blinking month... and NO i cannot tile your bloody bathroom before Xmas.. i will scream if i get anymore calls asking this.

Dave - Any chance of ...........before Xmas. Pretty please. :thumbsup:

If you want it doing by Xmas, ring me in June. There you go Mr Customer.

- - - Updated - - -

Lynn i will join you had one of those last night 13 hours to do two hours work :mad2:

It's normally 2 hours to do 13 hours work !!!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I'll have a drink with ya Lynn:8:, got a nice CAD drawing showing tile layout and how it fits and marries in with everything else....screwed it up in front of customer and architect earlier this week and threw it in the bin. In their engineering arrogance and smugness they'd neglected a couple of minor things,,,ie grout joints and internal corner measurements..

Too clever by half Doug, and i bet they wanted you to make it right as well!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to The long cold Friday in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
hi, i am a virtually retired tiler (58), legs back hips etc etc. a friend carpenter (65) has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.