Discuss The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
It's been a very profitable couple of months for me and I'm looking at my bank balance feeling smug and out of nowhere on my way to work
my van suddenly sounds like a tractor and massively down on power. Limp it back to my local garage and turns out it would be an engine out, strip down to find problem so not worth it on a 15 year old shed. 40 hours later I've blown a bundle on a new van, tax and insurance bump up. First day I use new van my Fein packs up (1 month out of warranty :angry:)
Sometimes feels like you work your arse off and end up no better off!
The joys of being self employed eh?
Rant over

D

Dumbo

Gutting isn't it?
Should of got rid of mine a couple of years ago but the temptation to roll the dice is too great
Yes but what have you actually lost , residual value on a 15 year old van next to nothing. Probably equivalent to one or two months finance, so yes running into the ground financially astute on this occasion unless you been spending 3k a year to keep it on the road

O

Old Mod

Yes but what have you actually lost , residual value on a 15 year old van next to nothing. Probably equivalent to one or two months finance, so yes running into the ground financially astute on this occasion unless you been spending 3k a year to keep it on the road
No one likes a smart arse Jerry! :D:D
Still expenditure when you don’t want it, don’t matter that you’ll get it back in a round a bout way, still hurts.
I’ve just done a grand on transfer box for my motor, gimme the right hump!
Especially as I was almost straight from a crap year end.
Then this week my web guy hits me with a £500 bill for 5 yrs of service charges and domain costs.
Wouldn’t mind but I’ve asked several times over last few yrs about how much I owe.
£100 a year is ok with me for charges, but not once every 5 years. :mad:

D

Dumbo

No one likes a smart arse Jerry! :D:D
Still expenditure when you don’t want it, don’t matter that you’ll get it back in a round a bout way, still hurts.
I’ve just done a grand on transfer box for my motor, gimme the right hump!
Especially as I was almost straight from a crap year end.
Then this week my web guy hits me with a £500 bill for 5 yrs of service charges and domain costs.
Wouldn’t mind but I’ve asked several times over last few yrs about how much I owe.
£100 a year is ok with me for charges, but not once every 5 years. :mad:
You should get a tattoo box then that would be permanent , never have to buy another

U

Unused Account 1

It's been a very profitable couple of months for me and I'm looking at my bank balance feeling smug and out of nowhere on my way to work
my van suddenly sounds like a tractor and massively down on power. Limp it back to my local garage and turns out it would be an engine out, strip down to find problem so not worth it on a 15 year old shed. 40 hours later I've blown a bundle on a new van, tax and insurance bump up. First day I use new van my Fein packs up (1 month out of warranty :angry:)
Rant over
What van did you get

J

Just Rizzle

Rant over
what ever you spend its 100 % tax deduct able so you've saved giving mr javid a bundle

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
What van did you get

Gone for another vivaro.
Missing the twin side doors I had on my old one In a serious way.
Drives lovely though - didn’t realise just how knackered my old one was until now.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I had my bathroom tiled about 5 months ago and yesterday I noticed cracking in the...
Replies
Views
hi all newby here...we have purchased a 1970 bungalow, turning into a bit of a nightmare...
Replies
Views
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
Hi all New to the forum so hello, please go gentle, and let me know if I'm posting in the wrong...
Replies
Views
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB