Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss The minefield that is Rubi Dry Cutters in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

I dont use rubi because I dont like them, Sigma all the time, why go from sigma to rubi Joe? Why go from fillet steak with all the trimmings to a cold spam butty?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
well they say a change is good every so often.lol.its either a rubi next or another monty! I have a little monty and love it.dont get me wrong i love sigma and have the 3b 63cm.3d 93cm and the big 10m water saw.all brilliant.i want a go on a 60 or 70 push cut soon.open mind thats why i mention rubi.

D

diamondtiling

well they say a change is good every so often.lol.its either a rubi next or another monty! I have a little monty and love it.dont get me wrong i love sigma and have the 3b 63cm.3d 93cm and the big 10m water saw.all brilliant.i want a go on a 60 or 70 push cut soon.open mind thats why i mention rubi.

We both seem to share the same taste in tools, I have the same cutters as you.

:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I dont use rubi because I dont like them, Sigma all the time, why go from sigma to rubi Joe? Why go from fillet steak with all the trimmings to a cold spam butty?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Same could be said from a long time rubi user to move to sigma...:smilewinkgrin:..

It's the user of the machines as well...:thumbsup:.

The TR and TX series will match sigma's IMHO...no probs...especially with the new light weight ones about to hit the uk market..

And they come with boxes...:smilewinkgrin:

H

hillhead

Same could be said from a long time rubi user to move to sigma...:smilewinkgrin:..

It's the user of the machines as well...:thumbsup:.

The TR and TX series will match sigma's IMHO...no probs...especially with the new light weight ones about to hit the uk market..

And they come with boxes...:smilewinkgrin:
lightweight ones date? New line of cutters or same with lighter materials? Any details yet?

D

DHTiling

New models of the old names...like TX 700 and 700n but built will alloy and new spring loaded beds like the sigmas and built in swing out support arms.....

But you can see the cutting wheel on the rubis and the wheels are on removable poles that can be taken out in seconds to various wheel sizes unlike the sigma where you have to remove the nut & bolt...and are stuck with 1 size wheel cuts all sort of...

here's some pics of the new cutters..

http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-tools/16705-new-2009-rubi-tools-catalogue.html

And they are available in the uk NOW!!... and hopefully Tradetiler will be getting them in soon.

D

doug boardley

the TX are the real heavy duty heavyweights, I've not tried sigma or montolit and to be h
doug-boardley-albums-one-finished-picture2329-one-finished-sunny-hill-001.jpg
onest don't really feel the need to as my rubi's will handle anything that's thrown at them
TX 700 and TX1200N

Reply to The minefield that is Rubi Dry Cutters in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Gents, I've got two cutters, a TS-40 and a TS-60, along with a wet saw. However I'm finding...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I come from Taiwan and got a 60x120x1.2 floor tile job. But i only have Rubi DU-200L, so...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
I'm looking at a nice manual cutter from rubi. I'm set on a rubi as their parts are easy to get...
Replies
Views
D
Rubi TZ-850 Manual Tile Cutter. Condition is used only for one domestic floor tiling job, so is...
Replies
Views
I'm just about to tile a bathroom with 9mm thick porcelain tiles what is the best cutter to buy...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
The minefield that is Rubi Dry Cutters
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%