Discuss The perils of tiling onto plywood in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

jstrats

TF
2014-03-13 09.01.29.jpg 2014-03-13 09.10.49.jpg 2014-03-13 09.10.58.jpg

Viewed a job this morning, , grout is cracking, customer wanted to know if grout could be scraped out and replaced, he thought it would be a small cheap job, on further investigation we found out so called tiler had tiled directly to plywood in shower area and onto floor with UFH (underfloor heating) i removed tile on shower wall, looks like its been dot and dabbed, whole lot in shower wall area needs to be removed and all the floor needs to be removed, this will mean trying to remove glass shower screen without breaking it, removing toilet, removing all controls and shower hose, destroying existing UFH and replacing with proper materials.

Do it properly in the first place and avoid these costly errors, builders please stop using plywood to tile onto, this can be the result. Now you know why tilers moan all the time!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to The perils of tiling onto plywood in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hello, I assumed I could tile onto marine plywood and my tiles fell off ... I'm tiling on a...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB