Discuss the pros and cons of sole traders and limited co in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Daz

It's all about the money Jamie.
My accountant advised that it becomes tax efficient when you are clearing around £25k+ profit every year. If you are less or on the threshold then it is generally considered that it is beneficial to be a sole trader.

If you become a limited company you will have additional business costs such as accountancy fees and year on year financial statement filing etc.. You will benefit from tax efficient dividend payments etc..

Your best bet will be to discuss matters with your accountant and take personalised advice.

S

Stewart

Jamie, that's a tough question for an alcohol fuelled Saturday night. The main differences are tax liabilities, double entry book keeping, and limited liabilities when it goes **** up.

Book keeping becomes more involved and accountants bill become bigger. You pay yourself less and hopefully give yourself a bigger dividend. Your accounts are open to public scrutiny to certain extent.

With a good accountant, going Ltd can pay off, but it's not for everyone, and depending on turnover, it may not be a positive financially.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
All of the above and be prepared to be bored out of your skull with accountants, rattling on about accurals, projections, corporation taxes, and long words, which you nod your blonde fluffy head to...ohh no sorry thats me that only does that.

Lynn

does it help being blonde pebbs? do they give you more leeway? if so i can do the hiar dye thing i dont mind lol

Reply to the pros and cons of sole traders and limited co in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi - we would very much appreciate some advice. In October 2020 we had a sole trader come in to...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Good morning all would like to here from people who have recently started out as sole trader and...
Replies
Views
W
Just about to start out on my own, quick question is it best to go down the Sole Trader or LTD...
Replies
Views
Concrete guy
C

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

kilty55

Arms
TF
edinburgh

Thread Information

Title
the pros and cons of sole traders and limited co
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.