UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

• Thread starter diamondtiling
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 201
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss The Turner prize! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

The Turner prize exhibition is up and running and this year there are some truly awesome exhibits. You can gasp in wonder at a pile of dust, it is in fact an atomised jet engine but do the cleaners know? has someone actually taken Doris and Chantelle to one side and told them to keep Henry the hoover away? I really hope so otherwise Henry may get a £6 mill meal. If dust is not your thing and lets face it, why should it be? you can wander over to the sculpture stand and stand awestruck looking at all the wonderfully intricate and truly mesmerizing sculptures of............................cow brains, yep you read right, our cattle/milk industry is in such dire straights that the farmers have diversified into the art world. I would love to have been in the Woolpack when old Farmer Giles and his herdsman were discussing that business adventure, "forget milking and beef Boss, just cut the brains out and make toy soldiers, Eiffel towers and stuff, they will sell for millions to the those daft townies.

If none of the above appeals to you then there is the catch all, last resort, bums on seat exhibit that will part you from your £50 for a ticket, the type of thing that is seen quite often although it can be scary to Kids and pensioners, actually its scary to everyone and it is the good old ............

workman's bum showing over his trousers, I kid you not, the humble builders bum has found its way into the Tate. How stupid are we the working classes? we have seen them for years, big, small, hairy skinny, we have seen burnt ones in the sun and we have seen ones that make you wonder "did I loose my trowel anywhere near him,"

Some snotty nosed, Oxbridge art person has drove past a building site in Redcar and thought "now that hairy arse might win me a couple of million and the turner prize,"
Little did the builder know what his day would bring when he woke up that day, he is worried about the future and now he is in the Tate all day, 8am to 6pm, all the *** breaks he wants and £20,000 a week, result!

Right I am off to my clay modelling course to throw a few vases and things, look out for me at the Tate next year lads!!

:8::8:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Nice post Diamond. Mad to think that people are spending that sort of cash to see that sort of tat in this climate, though you do need to live life and not just work through it and once you've eaten at all the nice pubs you can find, what more is there to do?! lol Perhaps pay 50 quit to see an arse you can see on every building site for free.

Hats of to the fella for doing it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to The Turner prize! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
D
US Astronaut Neil Armstrong Dies Aged 82 His family said they were "heartbroken" by his death...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
Senior Sex The husband leans over and asks his wife, "Do you remember the first time we had sex...
Replies
Views
R
What is the worst/funniest accident you have had in the work place? Some1 commented on the...
Replies
Views
stoner
S
R
Hi gys just a quick rant to vent my anger!! and ask for your help (wet room guys) After a long 3...
Replies
Views
Sean SML Tiling
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.