Discuss These tiles for EUH? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

greycarsdave

Hi Guys,

New to this forum, but been viewing for quite a while. I'm pretty happy with all whole EUH installation, but I've not long noticed that B&Q say the tiles I'm looking at are not suitable for UH. Obviously they're not the greatest tiles in the world, but is there any specific reason why this porcelain tile would be unsuitable over another one? I cant see what would be unsuitable about it. Any advice would be great.

(The tiles I'm looking at are the Imperiali Beige Porcelain Floor Tiles at B&Q, a link won't work for some reason)

Many thanks,

Dave.

T

Turkish tiler

Hi Guys,

New to this forum, but been viewing for quite a while. I'm pretty happy with all whole EUH installation, but I've not long noticed that B&Q say the tiles I'm looking at are not suitable for UH. Obviously they're not the greatest tiles in the world, but is there any specific reason why this porcelain tile would be unsuitable over another one? I cant see what would be unsuitable about it. Any advice would be great.

(The tiles I'm looking at are the Imperiali Beige Porcelain Floor Tiles at B&Q, a link won't work for some reason)

Many thanks,

Dave.

if floor heat goes over certain temperature actives seal on these tiles and seal goes off than tiles starting look cloudy under glaze (gossip on street some one sued B&Q over this issue and won court case )

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
if floor heat goes over certain temperature actives seal on these tiles and seal goes off than tiles starting look cloudy under glaze (gossip on street some one sued B&Q over this issue and won court case )

Im interested in that reason , can you tell us more. ..

M

m3fitter

I've heeded all warnings and I'm trying these tiles with EUFH; may Odin guide me. I'll report back. Cheers for all the help. Dave

if you are going against what they recommend, remember to latex it in, so the tile is not directly touching the electric UFH, maybe that'll stop discolouration.. but at your own risk... to be honest... is it worth the adhesive, UFH, tiles and effort if it looks hazey, discoloured in the future ??? have a think about that ?? ;-)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to These tiles for EUH? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB