Discuss thick bedding question. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

provr6

I've just installed my shower tray and tanked the walls (one side hardiebacker, one skimmed plaster).

Where my existing brick wall is out of level I have a gap of about 10mm at the worst point where the shower tray abuts the wall.

I have flooded the wall and gap with silicone and then tanked over with tanking tape lipping it onto the shower tray.

I would like to install metro tiles which are quite thin (a tiler will be doing it). In order for the tiles to sit on the edge of the tray the bedding adhesive will need to be about 5-6mm to bridge the aforementioned gap- Is this OK?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to thick bedding question. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB