Discuss Think I've blown it with the tile trims.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jim85

Hey guys, first job for parents and everything has seem to have gone smooth even if slow.. Now I'm at the window recess and have found myself in a bit of a pickle. I have tiled up to the edges of the window recess and plan to tile inside the actual recess itself while inserting the tile trims. My problem has arisen now I am ready to tile inside the recess but am finding that the trims aren't going to cover the cut edges of the room facing tiles enough.

I've attached images so you can have a gander and hopefully come up with a plan to get me out of this mess. I'm hoping it will be as simple as buying a different shaped/sized trim so that it will fully cover the edges.

cheers all

Jim

IMG_0286.jpg IMG_0287.jpg IMG_0282.jpg IMG_0281.jpg

J

Jim85

Hmm reply never went through. Ok, the tile trim is 10mil and the tiles are about 8. The cutter is a titan wet cutter(40 quid job), the good cuts lasted about 20 cuts i'd say then they just went to bits. The edges look worse than they are in the pictures as they are stained with grey keraflex (which I am hoping I can get off?). I have 100 white mapei grout ready, can't remember the exact product name.

Cheers
Jim

J

Jim85

Hi Gary, yeah the tiles are ceramic. I have got myself a tile file and have gone to work on the edges that weren't flush with the others - this has gotten rid of the rough edges where I have had enough tile over to use the file. The problem with the file is I don't see how I can file the edges that are currently flush with the wall further back as that would leave a gap between trim and tile.

Cheers

Jim

Profix

TF
Perth
Hi Jim, a piece of sand paper will work but take a bit of time, just stick with it, rub the tile along its length, NOT from front to back or back to front. once you're happy with the finish carry on and fit the trim, make sure you have a 1-2mm gap between the tile and trim to allow grout into the joint. make sure you get all that black crap off the tiles and out of the joints BEFORE you start grouting otherwise your next post will be asking for help to get the black stains off! Just a thought but did you keep the cutter topped up with water?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Think I've blown it with the tile trims.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB