UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Thinking about solar panels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hiya,i was doing a job for a customer last month and they were about to get these installed

14 k i beleive was the cost they were paying all in....the customer said that the deal was they would never have to pay another fuel bill,on top of that there is a government scheme to give you incentive,supposedly the government pay you some sort of fuel saving percentage back every month on top of the fact you dont ever pay bills again

i later discussed this story with another customer,who works for a local power station,he claimed there was a hitch....he said if you ever leave the property and sell up then the deal with the government who pay you back x amount per month stays with you regardless of if you still own the property or not

doesnt sound like a good scheme if you are going to sell your house,best look further into it as there seems to be a grey areas

does seem like on a long term investment you could save money......but hey were also being told that in ten years that fuel bilsl will drop due to all the turbines going up

would i spend 14k on it....no! lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Would you believe that we have a Solar sponsor?!?!

Checkout Electricians Forum | Electrical Advice Forum | An electrical forum for electricians in the UK | Electricians Forum - specifically the Solar forum category.

The lads there will be able to tell you how many (or the square meterage) of solar panels would take to get your money back for the installation costs.

Though there are customers of solar guys on there reporting that they have underfloor heating running, the washer machine running, and the electric meter isn't spinning at all. When they turn the UFH off, it spins backwards (so they're selling to the grid).

It perhaps is the future, but there are dodgy firms overcharging out there. And if you're not in your property for 10 - 25 years (depending on many panels you get) then from what I can tell reading the few threads I have, it's not worth it.

Food for thought though.

D

doit4u

Finally found time to ring some registered local suppliers. Turned out I rang only the day before the government announced the dropping of the feed in tariff for anything fitted after mid December. The review date was originally next April.

This would now mean an 18 year payback instead of 10, which means we wouldn't make our money back until we were in our mid to late 80's {boss lady is older than me} so have abandoned the idea. Just as well as none of the 3 local companies I contacted have even bothered to ring back in a week.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Thinking about solar panels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Would anybody have any advice the best way to silicone these bumpy tiles. I think doing a bead...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Thinking about solar panels
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.