Guest viewing is limited

Discuss this is very interesting!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I have seen 3 screeds now and none have been laid flat in the transition between doorways..

And one i have to do in october.. the builder has visited a few and he said the same about the doorways.. this is the area's Nick that need to be spot on.

It seems that it must be between pours and the screeders need to take more care..

But this can be sorted by removing the slight hump the next day before the screed is too hard.

So many screeders think they can lay gyvlon and they can't.. it isn't as easy as some peeps think..anyone can just pour but getting it super flat is a skill..

Good luck on the training.. Alan is a top bloke..

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Gooner - my back aches just looking at what you are doing. Do you lay your screeds to falls or are the generally flat in the pool bases. If flat there are cement based flowing materials you could use which would take a lot of the back ache out of it.

Nick - best of luck with it. Not sure if I will be delivering that course as I am on holiday but Craig is a good bloke. Be gentle with him on the floor prep for tiling though cos he not as up to speed as some. You got my number though

Dave there should be joints in the screed across doorways but I appreciate these are rarely used and this is a weak point in many screeders. I don't always get this bit right myself either. You are right it is not a simple as it looks but at the same time it is easier than sand cement.

Simon - what area are you in. I can put you in touch with the right person to talk to about the courses

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Ajax yes it's hard work we mix by hand in a cement mixer and my lad will barrow it into me in the bottom of the pool were i will have another barrow to collect and place where i need it on to a sub-straight with SBR +cement slurry for bonding , so any info on the flowing screed's that would be suitable for a pool base ( flat-bottom ) one, would be greatly appreciated mate :thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

The guy using the traditional semi- dry screed ,seems to have a very thin edge. I always use a 3m long 75mmx50mm for semi-dry. ( done hundreds of thousands of m2 this way) Using both onsite mix with pumps, and readymix. as Alan says the old way is back breaking work. I had a screeder from Shirley, Birmingham called Tony Cullen. I always thought I was pretty good/ fast with traditional method, untill I met Tony. He was mustard, I could keep up with him (just) but with sweat dripping off me. Tony would be Whistling away, no effort to him:thumbsup:

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

The guy using the traditional semi- dry screed ,seems to have a very thin edge. I always use a 3m long 75mmx50mm for semi-dry. ( done hundreds of thousands of m2 this way) Using both onsite mix with pumps, and readymix. as Alan says the old way is back breaking work. I had a screeder from Shirley, Birmingham called Tony Cullen. I always thought I was pretty good/ fast with traditional method, untill I met Tony. He was mustard, I could keep up with him (just) but with sweat dripping off me. Tony would be Whistling away, no effort to him:thumbsup:
top screeder's become ledgend's mate!! i worked with one years ago he could lay 15 ton's before dinner time :yikes::yikes::yikes: and never used a float to rubb up,just straight edge and trowel :8: and he was spot on :thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
top screeder's become ledgend's mate!! i worked with one years ago he could lay 15 ton's before dinner time :yikes::yikes::yikes: and never used a float to rubb up,just straight edge and trowel :8: and he was spot on :thumbsup:

I only met one guy who could do this. He still in business in Norfolk and can lay 200m2 a day easily - he too just uses straight edag and trowell. I tried to get him on flowing screeds once but he said he can make so much money on sand cement that he does not need to do anything else. When he priceshe seems to just think of a number add a couple of noughts and that is what he charges. He works on well deserved reputation.

Reply to this is very interesting!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Got a 100m2 floor to do in 900x900 , floor is chipboard with underfloor heating below, floor is...
Replies
Views
Interesting Video from Ultra Tile ‘s web site. View: https://youtu.be/qNG2vo5_R1w?feature=shared
Replies
Views
I've just had the whole ground floor of a house we are working on levelled with a pump in liquid...
Replies
Views
Bishbbashbosh
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
this is very interesting!!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.