Discuss Thoughts on expansion in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Good Evening.

Just looked at a floor that has a wet ufh system between the joists and plywood overboarding on top.

600 x 600 20mm thick marble is to be installed.

The shape of the area been tiled is like a T shape there is a 4.7 x 4.3 bathroom on the right side and a 4.7 x 4.3 roomon the left side and a 1.85 landing divides the 2 making around a 11 linear metre tiled run.

The landing is 12.7 long.

Not an ideal surface at all.

Ditra is to be used and was thinking of an exspansion joint at the doorways of the 2 rooms and 1 dividing the landing.

Any thoughts if this should be suffice.

Regards.

Kevin

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Thoughts on expansion in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Hi Thanks to all who provided advice on my bathroom project 3 years ago, tiling both the...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
E
We're about to start work on a new wetroom installation on a ground concrete floor. The shower...
Replies
Views
T
Hi I am renovating a 1903 detached house, we have had a wall removed between two rooms to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9966
D
Q
I have noticed that alot of people on the forum ask questions on tile backer boards and also...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
A
heres some info on dukka board DUKKA BOARD Call Technical Services on...
Replies
Views
R
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB