Discuss Tile advise over existing base in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I have a small bathroom that the tile was all cracked. It’s a second floor bath so over wood subfloor. There is no cement board only what appears to be very thick thinset. It’s lasted 30 years or so. Got tile off. Most of this set or concrete is intact. Can I go over that or do I need to go down to wood?

Attachments

• AF2DBD92-C156-4605-B210-A9A58D6B4A58.jpeg
    485.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 2001D2EE-F361-40C8-97F1-FACE6E3FCE59.jpeg
    565.8 KB · Views: 27
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile advise over existing base in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Guys i’m going to be tiling over skimmed plaster walls in a kitchen for first time. (first...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi All! Total DIY’er here- we’re in a project house which has drained us, and one of the final...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

USA Tile Forum Popular

America Tile Advice Trending

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB