Discuss Tile bathroom and shower enclosure in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Ralph B

Been asked to quote for tiling a newly built bathroom with shower enclosure within a single storey office building. On inspection found a mixture of plywood and moisture resistant plasterboard being used in the shower enclosure where there were black mould spores on the plywood. Moisture resistant plasterboard throughout the bathroom and shower enclosure had areas showing damp, some with water droplets on.

Propose to tank shower enclosure using BAL WP1 tanking kit and use BAL single part flexible adhesive. How should I combat the mould prior to tanking? I will use microban grout.

How long should the damp plasterboard (dot and dabbed to block wall) be allowed to dry before tiling?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile bathroom and shower enclosure in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi. My daughter is having a walk in shower fitted by builders. I am concerned because most of...
Replies
Views
Notts_Rob66
N

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB