Discuss Tile behind or onto bath? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Raccus

TF
uk
Tiling a soon to be gutted bathroom. Porcs on think plaster skimmed concrete block. (Weight limit only a tad over, tiles at about 18.5kg and add 2-5 for adhesive? so about about 22kg in total i guess).

Now, the question please if I may: Im inclined to want to tile all floor and and all walls before butting bath up againt now tiled wall. Is there any advantage or best practice regarding this vs tiling down onto a bath (and leaving area agaisnt wall below bath edge non tiled)?

W

White Room

If you wanted to leave the bath out untill most of the tilings complete fix a batton on the wall above the bath then cut down to it after its gone in... You need the tiles over the bath lip to get a proper seal

Had the same for bath that cost £1500 and tiles were 1mx.300, left the cuts until the bath was fitted which came from Sweden :confused:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile behind or onto bath? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all - I have some small format ceramic tiles (10x10x1cm) to use as a splash back around the...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi. I hope its ok to ask a question on here. I am changing my shower surround. The tiles in my...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB