Discuss Tile brands and boarding bathroom ceiling in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Stan7

TF
bristol
My other half has found some bathroom wall tiles for our future refit and I wanted to know if Sunset, Canada and HD Mimeo are decent tile brands/manufacturers or if they are a bit ropey?

As the bathroom is quite small, my usual plasterer is not interested in boarding and skim the ceiling. I will be trying to find a recommended local tiler but wanted to know if a tiler would consider boarding and skimming a ceiling or if this will go down like a lead balloon?

Thanks

W

Waluigi

Tiling and plastering is sometimes linked.

When I say that I mean that there are some people about that do both, well.

Your job is to try to find that person. A little hint, if someone says yes they will have a go then it’s unlikely they can. Plastering is something you either can or can’t do. On the plus side, skimming bare plasterboard is the easiest part of plastering there is.

Good luck with your search. Keep in mind you could just hire a plasterer to do the plastering and a Tiler to do the tiling. It’s really down to the individual as to what they can and cannot do.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile brands and boarding bathroom ceiling in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
D
Hello, A recent property purchase as an investment in Florida. Home is 1-owner from new. I'm...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 60189
D
Hi Everyone thanks for having me on the this forum ill try not to break any rules. I am diyer...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi all Having a bit of a mare; after having my last shower installation botched (but thankfully...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB