Discuss Tile cut top or bottom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Haveagoatit

This is my first tiling job and and I am tiling my whole bathroom with 300 x 600 ceramic tiles in a brick pattern?

After working out the tile layout I am left with 80mm to figure out what to do with. Would I have equal tile cuts at the floor and ceiling or 80mm cut placed at either the top or bottom?

As I have fitted a slimline stone 1200x900 shower base I am concerned with having small cuts around the base.

Any advice?

Del W

TF
Arms
Canterbury
Welcome to TF. If this is your first tiling project you need to make sure the tiles are not bent or warped because brick pattern will show defects more than usual. Do you end up with 80mm cut if you start with a full tile at the bottom ? I assume the tray is level all around. If you want a bigger cut, battern/set out to allow around 3/4 of a tile at the bottom. Or maybe it will work out better if you have a half tile cut at the bottom.It may mean doing more cuts & setting out but it will be worth it.

Reply to Tile cut top or bottom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to correct some work performed by my tiler. I have sent photos to him of the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Tile cut top or bottom
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.