Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Tile Cutter hire for 60cm x 60cm Porcelain tiles ????? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

J

jcoles7

Hi All,

My first post so be gentle.

I am going to be tilling our wet room and have some 60cm x 60cm Porcelain tiles that are 10mm thick. I have used a Plasplugs pro tiler (black plastic one) before on 30 * 60 tiles and they were difficult to cut and the cuts were chipped in places. This time I want to have perfect cuts and realise I need a much more powerful tool and ideally I think I need to hire a saw bench.

Travis and HSS seem to do Tile saw bench are these any good ?

Any advise appreciated.

Best Regards

Jason

J

jcoles7

Hi Dave,

All of the cuts I need to do are straight cuts, no L shaped cuts. Would I be able to do all the cuts for the Linearflo (see pic below) with the "Big Clinker" ??

If not and would also need to hire a wet saw I may as well just hire that rather than buying the dry cutter too.

What do you think ?

I assume that the reason I had chipping previously was due to the saw being under powered for the job. Also on these large tile saw benches the tile stays still and the cutter moves on rails from what I can see.

Linear Flo Dec Photo.jpg

Best Regards

Jason

Reply to Tile Cutter hire for 60cm x 60cm Porcelain tiles ????? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
I need a tile cutter gor 600x600 Italian porcelain and am close to pulling the trigger on the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tile Cutter hire for 60cm x 60cm Porcelain tiles ?????
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%