Discuss Tile Giant - never again! in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com.

R

rachwag

I'm sorry to start off like that, especially as they are one of the sponsors of this forum, but it's true.

We have just taken delivery of several hundred pounds worth of tiles from Tile Giant but not without considerable confusion and headache.

We received conflicting advice from 4 different members of staff about whether our tiles need sealing or not... in the end I took our sample tile to another tile shop and asked them - doesn't give you much confidence really. Being told by the manager of one of Tile Giant stores that his answer was definitive as he was the manager was somewhat undermined when the opposite advice was given by the 'manager of online sales'! I think they were just trying to sell us their overpriced sealant products. Also been told that we needed to use aquapanels plus chemical tanking in our wet room.... more hard sell tactics to be honest.

Then, took delivery of the tiles. I know they contract this out but they should still take responsibility for the service. The lorry arrived with just the driver to unload over 400kg of tiles. Simply, he wasn't physically capable of doing it. He ended up on the floor trying to pull the pallet trolley and I had to help him (I'm a 5'2", 9 stone woman). He then just left the whole pallet on the side of the road between 2 parked cars - saying it's a matter of insurance and health and safety. I spoke to Tile Giant on the phone and they said it's not their problem basically, not even a murmur of the word 'sorry'. SO I had to carry the 32kg boxes from the road to our front garden so they didn't get crushed by cars in the road. I am covered in bruises and strained muscles now. It's health and safety gone mad, not to mention serious corner cutting!

I will never use Tile Giant again and I buy a LOT of tiles for our various properties.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile Giant - never again! in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
I'm currently dealing with the contractor from hell who has ruined job after job in my house...
Replies
Views
I just got a new bathroom done through a plumber, who managed the whole process (I had no...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB