Discuss Tile Giant takeover in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com.

G

GazTech

Travis Perkins snaps up Tile Giant

Travis Perkins: £12m dealBuilders merchant and DIY retail group Travis Perkins is to acquire tile retailer Tile Giant for £12 million.

"Tile Giant has grown rapidly and is set to become a major force in this attractive and growing market"

John Carter, Travis Perkins
Tile Giant has annualised sales of about £10.6 million and 29 stores, which have an average trading space of between 4,000 sq ft and 5,000 sq ft, primarily in the north of England and the Midlands. The purchase of Tile Giant, a rival to Topps Tiles, gives Travis Perkins seven brands, including DIY retailer Wickes, and another distribution channel.
In addition to the £12 million proposed purchase price, Travis Perkins will make a further payment dependent upon future performance and expansion of the business until December 2010.
Travis Perkins chief operating officer John Carter said: "Under the entrepreneurial leadership of its managing director Mo Iqbal, Tile Giant has grown rapidly and is set to become a major force in this attractive and growing market.
"The acquisition of Tile Giant provides potential for significant growth in our business and branch network and is consistent with our strategy of investing in specific adjacent market segments."

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Perry

Absolutely....Art of cashflow control, get money in as quickly as possible, shell it out as late as possible! Credit is not a problem, except if the money doesn't come in to pay it that is! Thankfully not a problem in the tiling game.......now accounting, that's a different matter altogether.:mad2:

Grumpy
Grumpy is that why they charge me so much :lol:

G

grumpygrouter

Grumpy is that why they charge me so much :lol:
No, they just think they can get away with it!!:grin:

But in truth, if customers don't pay bills on time, then you as a creditor start to become their "bank". Normally in accounting you are not producing anything physical apart from a few bits of paper and sometime some people don't relate that end product with any of the costs involved to get there.

It costs me personally in excess of £50 just to be in business for my accounting before I even start doing chargeable work and I work from home with just a single phone line and broadband.

Imagine how costs escalate if you have rent and rates to pay and "staff" as well. That is part of the reason why accounting charges can be so high but it is the same with any business. Fixed costs have to be met even if the income is not there - as some of the new struggling tilers will realise, I am sure.

Grumpy

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile Giant takeover in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
D
A worthy partnership for stoke i see... Broken Link Removed
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
D
Imaginge: You have a product that a company could sell. And: You want their buyers to take...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
G
  • Question
From The Times November 28, 2007 No cracks in Topps Tiles but DIY is best avoided Nick...
Replies
Views
Jimmy Boy
J

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB