Discuss Tile HQ vs Tile Giant in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com.

M

mit4d

Helloall

further to my post a few days ago regarding black starlight quartz tiles, i am about to make the plunge and purchase some from Tile HQ

I sent a email to Tile HQ asking for additional information about the tiles and they gave me the following reply:

"Thanks for your inquiry. Our quartz tiles are manufactured to exceed all
British and European standards. The European standard for agglomerated stone (EN
15285:2005) states that the length and width tolerances must not exceed +/-0.4mm
and the thickness +/-0.7mm. The straightness of sides +/-0.2mm and the
rectangularity +/-0.7mm.

It is very rare for us to experience breakages on delivery for this range
as they are extremely durable and they are delivered strapped to a wooden
pallet. Any damages reported to us within 48 hours of delivery are replaced with
no cost to the customer.

This range is manufactured in China along with iphones and most products
these days! Most suppliers of this range in UK use either manufacturers in China
or Oman. The version from Oman is only 10mm rather than ours which is
12mm.

We have a sample service available where you can
purchase a single tile with free P&P. Alternatively we have a sister company
Tile Giant which stock & display the same tile from the same manufacturer.
You should be able to view this tile in your local store.

"

This reply suggests the tiles are exactly the same as Tile Giants tiles.. their return address also comes up on google as Tile giants warehouse

The price difference is crazy,

Tile HQ offer the tiles at under £40 m2

Tile Giant offer the "same" tiles for almost£90 m2

Can anybody explain why this is? is it just because this is a actually chain of actual real shops rather than online?

thank you

C

Colour Republic

Both are owned by Travis Perkins, They are aimed at different markets

Wickes and Toolstation are both owned by Travis Perkins, again aimed at different markets, again charge different prices for the same products.

Tile Giant is the retail outlet and consentrate on service, Tile HQ is an intenet store and as such can't always offer the same sort of service.

It's not a new concept and is done the world over. Think Currys and the now defunct Dixons Online, again owned by the same parent company. Currys was on the high street, Dixon became online only and the prices were cheaper. Same product, same company, different prices.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile HQ vs Tile Giant in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I
Hi, desperately need 5 m2 or less of the above. Discontinued by Tile Giant about 18 months ago...
Replies
Views
ian#99
I
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
B
Hi New to the forum but looking at buying some large 600x600mm Porcelain tiles for my Dining...
Replies
Views
C
Wet Vs Dry polishing, which is better? We get asked this daily. There is really no definitive...
Replies
Views
Turkish tiler
T
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB