Discuss Tile mitring in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Hi all, first post on this forum.
I am a plumber based in North Yorkshire, when tiling bathrooms I like to mitre the tiles instead of trim. I have looked everywhere for a small machine to do the job. I know there is the mitre whiz, raiamondi bulldog etc.
so to cut to the chase, I have made a working prototype mitre saw. Don't want to go into too much detail but the gist of it is it works very similar to a stand alone routing machine with a fence ( not using a router bit though). It takes one pass and about 45 seconds to mitre a porcelain tile 600mm long with zero chip out.
At the moment it works dry , but with a few mods would work wet.
im very happy with the way it works but wondered how interested anyone else would be and the following questions.
how much would tilers be prepared to pay for a manufactured version?
should I patent it ( can't find anything like it.)
what should I do next?

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
I don't know how yours works exactly but decent wet saws do the same job. ATS also have a grinder attachment which mitres tiles too.
I have a dewalt wet saw and mitring is an art and not great results.
would like to try the ATS profiling bit, I'm sure it makes a great job but looks a bit slow to me and must be difficult when starting on the corner of the tile. Looks like it makes an excellent finish on the mitre but its the edge that you see.

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile mitring in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I had a very unprofessional tiler who did a lot of errors and left my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi am tiling a wet room with 5mm thick porcelain mosaic tiles (hexagons 5x5cm). The wet room is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB