UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss tile nippers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alan M

i was planing on getting that compas scoring cutter and using a dia disk to relief cut it then snap off the bits , or cut them out. i cant afford a set of thos corebits. there 50-80 quid each. let allone what a 5 ich one would cost:incazzato:.

i used one of those handheld snaper tools with the wheel on the back the other day. it worked ok.

you dont think the parrot ones are strong enough for the job.
will the normal ones reach into a 4 inch hole without tearing the hands off me

A

Alan M

i got a pair of normal ones.
i tryed them on the side of a ceramic tile in the shed. it broke a bit lump out . i couldnt see it working for doing a cut out free hand. you would have to scribe a mark for it to work to.
i cut a hole out of the same tile with the shaw circle cutter. the nippers broke it out perfect when i caught the bits with it and snaped it off. it was a bit tight on the 4 inch ish hole but it worked great. it was great to nibble away the little bits that were left .

i still think that i will end up with the parrot ones for smaller holes etc

B

Bolter

i got a pair of normal ones.
i tryed them on the side of a ceramic tile in the shed. it broke a bit lump out . i couldnt see it working for doing a cut out free hand. you would have to scribe a mark for it to work to.
i cut a hole out of the same tile with the shaw circle cutter. the nippers broke it out perfect when i caught the bits with it and snaped it off. it was a bit tight on the 4 inch ish hole but it worked great. it was great to nibble away the little bits that were left .

i still think that i will end up with the parrot ones for smaller holes etc

Its practice mate, but where ever possible I score a line to nip to first.

I have a set of both, use the normal ones for 99% of what I do, and I only break out the parrot nips for those times where room is limited.

J

JLM Tiling

I went through a phase a couple of months ago where I did everything using only hand tools. With anything experience counts. I can free hand cut a curve or more or less anything I want using just a pair of regular nips. Scribing obviously makes it easier but I dont always do it. Still go in somedays and think right! Old school today! Just to keep my hand in really and well mainly just cos I can! Only ever do it on daywork though!!

Reply to tile nippers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.