UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss tile nippers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I havent used parrot nippers for years, reason being i only really found them useful for opening up holes once i had used the hole boy to make the pipe holes on ceramic tiles ,once the hole was big enough I would get a standard pair of nippers in to finish off shaping the cut ,standard nippers really are the most useful as they easily cut L shaped cuts and are good for trimming on standard ceramic tiles
Alan you seem to be on a tool buying mission at the moment be careful what you buy as you dont need as much equipment as you think when starting out and you should pick up bits as you go along in my opinion and then you will build a kit of tools that you will use regularly rather than just buying everything and not using half of it ,hope this helps Gary

A

Alan M

I havent used parrot nippers for years, reason being i only really found them useful for opening up holes once i had used the hole boy to make the pipe holes on ceramic tiles ,once the hole was big enough I would get a standard pair of nippers in to finish off shaping the cut ,standard nippers really are the most useful as they easily cut L shaped cuts and are good for trimming on standard ceramic tiles
whats a hole boy.

im on a tiling tool mission buy am being realistic as well. i asked about a few things that i wont buy as a result (rotozip, that disk i saw etc.
i think iv got the basics now. i might get a set of 365 drills soon as i think il need them on my bathroom at home. if those trim snips dont work out i think il need a better miterblock.

B

Bolter

whats a hole boy.

im on a tiling tool mission buy am being realistic as well. i asked about a few things that i wont buy as a result (rotozip, that disk i saw etc.
i think iv got the basics now. i might get a set of 365 drills soon as i think il need them on my bathroom at home. if those trim snips dont work out i think il need a better miterblock.

A "loch boy"?

http://www.tradetiler.com/acatalog/Tile_drills.html

edit: it says "once made the initial hole, use parrot nippers to open it up", but I always spin the hammer around and use the square end to open the hole up whilst still in the lochboy.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jwatson

i bought one off mike good bit of kit for ceramic tiling. ultimatly diamond bits would have been quicker, but didnt have cash for all the sizes. one off out lay unlimited holes.:smilewinkgrin:
someone put a video on here think sir ramic making hole
whats a hole boy.

D

doug boardley

here's my "nippers" :lol:

225462_1040301520864_1025320376_30144402_1254_n.jpg

J

jwatson

must have been dave then, i allways get u guys mixed up.:lol:.
it was a video of a fellow knocking a hole out of a ceramic with a pin hammer and ball hammer..... i was amazed was sheer quality and it must have taken alot of practice. i tried to copy it on son johnstons 15x15 and failed misrebly about 10 times and decided that i could not do it!!! :lol:
Nah not me.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tile nippers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.