Discuss Tile on tile - dealing with existing tile trim on window box in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

scaredbri

Hi. I'm tiling on tile (not ideal I know) for kitchen splashback but it was already tile on tile so I stripped off the top layer and there is one layer left. The job is a nightmare to start with as they had plastered over tile that was on tile and finished with paint! Didn't know till i started stripping....anyway I digress..

All fine so far, but have now got to the main kitchen window box. There is tiling trim visible arounnd the window. Was thinking of sticking some thin coat angle bead with tile adhesive to make a good right angle on the window sill then tiling over that. At the moment it is curved due to the remaining tile trim.

Is this a good thing to? Is there a better way? What would you suggest (Without removing the tiles :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile on tile - dealing with existing tile trim on window box in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and after some advice after a professional install. Just had kitchen...
Replies
Views
Good evening tilers, I've just had some tiling work done in our kitchen and the plastic edging...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E
Hi there, I hope someone can help me. I’ve just tiled my kitchen, and need to trim the tiles...
Replies
Views
Hello All For good or bad (probably bad as its not a common choice) we're planning to tile...
Replies
Views
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB