Discuss Tile on tile, what's best? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

Hi & welcome to TF.

Tiling onto tile I generally frowned upon as there as so many factors which can cause this to fail. You could be just throwing away your money or worse, cause you of a loved one personal injury or death! I really can't stress this enough!

It can depend on:
1) The original substrate whether it is sound or not
2) Weight limits of plaster & plasterboard
3) The type of tile you already have up
4) How they were put up
5) The type of tile you are putting on top

There are many other factors but these are your first few

I do not feel comfortable advising which adhesive to use as you think this adhesive can be purchased from a DIY store. This does show the lack of experience and so, I do not want to be held responsible for any cause of injury or death.

Sorry to be so blunt but it is for your own safety.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile on tile, what's best? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB