Discuss Tile onto existing upstairs bathroom tiles? in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

I'd go for the rip up as well.

BUT on my own downstairs bathroom the old tiles were on a solid concrete slab. At the time it was more grief to rip them up than to tile on top.

So we laid porcelain tiles on a bed of adhesive directly over the old tiles.

tile_trowel2.jpg

In hindsight I wish we had ripped them up because it caused a "step" but back then it looked a tempting flat surface to tile over...

If you are working with wood underneath the for the extra half day its going to add to take out the tiles and take to skip then I think I would just do it!

I'm a big believer in going back to the bare surface areas...

Upvote 0
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile onto existing upstairs bathroom tiles? in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB