Discuss Tile over new concrete in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Am re-routing roughed in basement drain about 4 ft. for shower vs original rough in for bathtub.
To do so, am smashing concrete and creating an opening about 10" wide and 4 ft long. After installing abs and p trap, will replace removed removed sand and then, concrete with likely Quickrete from Home Depot. Bathroom floor is 65 SF and New concrete mix will be a strip 4" thick about 4 ft long.
Here is question:
Must new concrete cure 28 days before applying ceramic/porcelain tile, and can thinset be placed over finished floor without concrete Sakrete adhesive?
Many thanks for help.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile over new concrete in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am renovating an old shower and was hoping to reuse the concrete shower pan. It is...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm planning to do a herringbone brick floor over a concrete slab with some reclaimed brick...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

USA Tile Forum Popular

America Tile Advice Trending

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB