Discuss Tile over tile over tile over tile....help please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I have a job which I need to price up. The guy is a builder and he seems to want to do whatever I advise. Its on a permanent traveler site in East London and payment has been guaranteed up front so that's one issue I have out the way...

The issue lies in that he would like me to, if possible tile, over tile over tile...however the tiles he wants to use are the mirror flex quartz resin tiles and the tiles he wants me to tile onto are something akin to topps white satin floor tiles and black version in the bathroom.

My first thoughts are to rip the lot up, slc, then use a two part adhesive. I then thought the use of ditra stuck with resin glue may be an option but I'm not overly keen on the fact these tiles are so smooth. I was then thinking about slc over the tiles and a two part adhesive. I know I would like it all ripped up but they are very well stuck and will delay him but as I said he is wanting this done correctly.

He wants me to start tomorrow (wall tiling) which I can do as I had a cancellation due to being ill with a fever for four days and the plumber on the job saying he could do it...:incazzato:

Any thoughts and advice thoroughly appreciated.

Thanks

Cam

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tile over tile over tile over tile....help please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB