Discuss Tile removal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

hiring a breaker as per the advice above is always a good option or alternativley you can always buy a sds drill to keep and use in the future ShowImage.jpg something of this nature is a reasonable sds drill at a good price......you will ofcourse have to buy the drill bit for it as well.
hope this helps

chris

T

terrygrant

A pnumatic drill with rotostop fitted with a scutch chisel bit like this one from screwfix 50887

http://www.*************/prods/5088...lus-Chisels/Armeg-SDS-Plus-Scutch-Comb-Chisel
moz-screenshot-7.png

or if you dont want to spend that much I find these work really well

http://www.*************/prods/5986...DS-Plus-Wood-Chisels/SDS-Wood-Chisel-Set-5Pcs (dont but the really cheap ones they do though as they simply snap at the shaft.)

I find they work much better than the standard chiseling tips because they can deliver the blow to the junction between the tile and the bed very precisely resulting in a much higher sucess rate in removing tiles and leaving backing in place. You do have to keep resharpening the tip though.

Of course the easiest way to remove these tiles is to get someone else to do it for you :)

Good luck

Terry

Reply to Tile removal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
HELP! I'm really hoping someone might be able to give me some advice..... our cleaner just used...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tile removal
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.