Guest viewing is limited

Discuss tile round a window help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

easyt

My way may differ from the way you were taught, but here goes. I tile the face of the window wall first ,over window head reveals, cill. Then fit trim, tile soffit next, then reveals cill last. Hope this helps:thumbsup:
The bit I have a problem with is doing the row over the window. I normally resort to placing the top cut row against the ceiling for example using a tiling batten and quickset. When it has had a bit of standing time I tile the row above the window and resort to using masking tape to hold it sposition with the row above and thereby prevent it slipping. Must be a better way ??

Last edited by a moderator:
E

easyt

I use the mini acro type things that plasterers use for holding up plasterboard. B&Q sell them, use a couple of those to secure a straight edge:thumbsup:

Thanks. I have seen the light :hurray:. Before I tile the cut tiles to the window wall reveal edges I can fix a tiling batten across fixed either side of window and just prop mid point with a strut off the cill and a couple of folding wedges.side

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
You could get yourself some extention props:
DSCF0388.jpg

D

DHTiling

I never use props.. the adhesive should hold the head tiles no probs..

My trick is to tile the under side of the head first also inserting the trim to match the reveals i have already tiled, leave to set ,then tile the face edge.. this stops any skidding of tiles.. each tile fixer has there own ways of doing things and ends up the same result..but yo must keep the head tiles level as you tile.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I never use the props for the reveal as like you said the addy always holds the cill reveal tiles - even with a thick bed. I usually do the face edge of the head reveal first so need to stop them slipping.

Nice tip that Dave, may try that on the next flat window wall I get.

Reply to tile round a window help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m after some help please. I had someone come tile my en-suite and it was looking ok until...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
tile round a window help
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.