Guest viewing is limited

Discuss tile shop probs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

Hi all,funny old week this.
On wednesday i drive 25miles to start a nice bathroom,got there at 8am,new loft conversion with 2 bedrooms and bathroom with 38yd2.
Man away to work,wife left at 5 past 8,we had to get tiles up a bloody ladder,clear bathroom,brush it all out then line out walls first,anyway got siliconing done,tanked the shower area and tiled 16yd2 by 5o'clock.
Got home before 6. Phone rang at 8pm,the customer,"joe,i have a problem","yes i said"," they are the wrong tiles on the walls"!!!!!!!!!
"eh??????" i said !!! the bloody tile shop(tile market) sent out the wrong tiles,the customer didn't check them either and i put 16yd2 of the up !!!
OOPs.His wife didn't like them,he pulled the off(polished porcelain brick bonded!!),shop blames them !! i need payed for that day too !! nice or what. tuesday now before i get the other tiles,luckily i had other work to do,i had to run back on thursday morning to lift my tools,He has agreed to pay me the extra plus want me to tile his 26yd2 hallway next week too.
Not nice doing real tasty work then seeing it ripped off within hours !! lol.

R

Rob Z

Hi Joe, Could be worse, eh? A guy I know near me got the wrong material and his guys set the entire bathroom-floor, walls, shower, tub deck. The customer freaked out, the tile supplier acknowledged their mistake but blamed the contractor for not double-checking the order. He didn't want to tear it out and the customer ended up accepting a $3000 reduction in the contract price to accept the job as-is. :yikes:

D

Dave Ramsden

Hi all,funny old week this.
On wednesday i drive 25miles to start a nice bathroom,got there at 8am,new loft conversion with 2 bedrooms and bathroom with 38yd2.
Man away to work,wife left at 5 past 8,we had to get tiles up a bloody ladder,clear bathroom,brush it all out then line out walls first,anyway got siliconing done,tanked the shower area and tiled 16yd2 by 5o'clock.
Got home before 6. Phone rang at 8pm,the customer,"joe,i have a problem","yes i said"," they are the wrong tiles on the walls"!!!!!!!!!
"eh??????" i said !!! the bloody tile shop(tile market) sent out the wrong tiles,the customer didn't check them either and i put 16yd2 of the up !!!
OOPs.His wife didn't like them,he pulled the off(polished porcelain brick bonded!!),shop blames them !! i need payed for that day too !! nice or what. tuesday now before i get the other tiles,luckily i had other work to do,i had to run back on thursday morning to lift my tools,He has agreed to pay me the extra plus want me to tile his 26yd2 hallway next week too.
Not nice doing real tasty work then seeing it ripped off within hours !! lol.

Note my entry for job of the month (march) is planned for rip-out. The client has decided the water splashes out the side of the shower enclosure to much. Total waste!!!:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Reply to tile shop probs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
tile shop probs
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.