Discuss tile substrate in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

garth77

Hi, i'm looking to tile my bathroom floor with 600mm porcelain tiles. The floor is 16mm T&G. Any advice on what i should lay under the tiles?

I've done a bit of research and was leaning towards one of the cement boards like no more ply, but when i visited a tile shop they recommended schluter ditrs matting straight onto the floor (not sure the floor would be flat enough for this?). To confuse me further, a family member has had his whole ground floor tiled with similar tiles using
9mm multipro board. This stuff is cheaper but seems more for wall tiles? what would be the preferred option for this type of floor?

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
If the floor is twisted, my advise would be to make sure the boards are firmly fixed to the joists. Prime with a neat coat, fit an anti fracture membrane (durabase, ditra etc) with an s2 then slc over. Other than that, is it worth taking up the t&g and starting from scratch. Extra noggins, packers on the joists to level the floor etc

I would always apply self levelling compound first then put a de coupling matt on top! Unless your using mosaic?If needed?if your unsure call Schluter uk!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tile substrate in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm about to lay some antique 6"x6"x 0.5" ceramic tiles, all clean and dry, onto...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, I am putting together a some idealised cross-section sketches to plan out...
Replies
Views
Hello - we're in the process of choosing tiles for our bathroom and I'd really appreciate some...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB