UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss TILE Transitions - Tile to Solid wood in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

itidiot

Has anyone got any pictures or advice of nice looking transitions from wood floor to tile. About to start my kitchen floor in the dreaded 600 x600?!?.
(Have seen the how to make an oak transition strip thread)
However we have a wide arch into our living room without a door to hide any transitions under so I need the transition to be as tidy and flush as possible. Our oak floor hasn't been laid yet either.

any advice appreciated

R

Rich

I have just finished a floor that sounds the same as yours but I tiled it in marble. The customer didnt want any strips used at all and asked for just an expansion joint there instead (silicone). The flooring he had laid was bang on flat and level so I was able to bring my tiles to the same height and the first cut on the tiled floor was the same size as one of the pieces of wood (hope this makes sense). Looked really well.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to TILE Transitions - Tile to Solid wood in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got 3/4” MDF over 1-1/2” t&g car decking, over 6x8” joists on 48” centers. All solid, good...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Following advice from a damp and timber report carried out we were advised to a apply a coat of...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m new to Tile Forum and joined to get professional opinions because I really need...
Replies
Views
Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.